Speaking as a Leader
Inspiring an Audience with Your Speech. Public Speaking for Senior Managers.
Speaking as a Leader is a presentation skills course that teaches senior managers how to give a speech that will not only move and persuade listeners, but spark them into action too.
Drawing from the rules of rhetoric, storytelling and performance, the workshop equips delegates with a broad and detailed understanding of how powerful public speaking is achieved. The course helps emerging leaders to motivate staff and thereby meet their organisation's objectives.
By the end of the Speaking as a Leader workshop delegates will know how to:
- Understand the needs of any target audience
- Apply the three classic rhetoric principles - ethos, logos and pathos
- Use rhetorical concepts skilfully
- Define their key message
- Craft a memorable sound-bite
- Get the audience on-side
- Apply storytelling techniques so the speech takes the audience on a journey
- Narrate a pertinent story or anecdote
- Deliver an inspiring call to action
- Use their gestures, faces and voices to complement the verbal message
- Project their voices in spaces with lively acoustics
- Course length:
- Six hours
- Maximum delegates:
- Six people
- Course fees:
- £800 per course. Travel expenses are additional.
“This was an excellent event, very well presented and professionally put together. It covered practical, actual and hypothetical situations including projection and voice control. Would definitely recommend this to other members.”
All training courses can be tailored to suit your needs. To chat through in more detail or find out any further information, give me a call on +44 (0)7973 933782 or if you prefer I can call you.