Writing and Presenting Reports
Enabling Managers to Produce Succinct, Persuasive Reports
Writing and Presenting Reports teaches management at all levels how to write and present concise, robust reports that busy executives can quickly digest. The course not only combines report writing and presentation theory with lots of practice, it also equips delegates with a simple yet effective template for turning a report into a presentation.
Clients have the option of inviting an industry expert to support the delivery of the course. Using an industry expert who's able to translate concepts into familiar, work-based examples adds significant benefit for delegates, especially those working in the fields of IT, local government and finance. The expert can be in-house and provided by the client or external and sourced by me.
By the end of Writing and Presenting Your Report delegates will know how to:
- Structure a well-defined report - with the executive summary right at the front
- Write an executive summary (briefing note) that is clear, concise and a sound basis for decision making
- Set out the issues logically
- Provide realistic options
- Produce soundly stated recommendations
- Write in a confident, accessible style - with no grammatical shockers
- Craft a report into a presentation
- Present well-argued conclusions
- Look confident and sound confident
- Handle questions and unwanted interuptions
- Use their gestures, faces and voices to complement the key messages
- Course length:
- Six hours (including breaks)
- Ideal delegate number:
- Eight people
- Course fee:
- £800 for eight trainees. Additional delegates are charged at £100 per head. Travel expenses are additional.
- Should you require customisation of the training course, this work is charged at £70 per hour.
- If you choose the industry expert option there may be an additional fee. This fee will depend on the correct expert for your sector.
Delegates are asked to bring along a copy of a report they’ve written.
“Not only did ‘Writing and Presenting Reports’ substantially increase delegates’ knowledge, it also inspired them to implement what they’d learnt. I’d definitely recommend the course.”
All training courses can be tailored to suit your needs. To chat through in more detail or find out any further information, give me a call on +44 (0)7973 933782 or if you prefer I can call you.