Making Your Mark in Meetings
Speaking up and Making Impactful Constributions
Making Your Mark in Meetings is a half day workshop that equips participants with the skills to be an influential presence and, thereby, make a positive impact during meetings.
It introduces delegates to preparation and delivery techniques that will make them more visible, articulate and effective in meetings.
Whether making a contribution virtually or answering questions face-to-face, the session imparts tips that will help delegates become clear, concise and focused contributors.
By the end of Making Your Mark in Meetings, delegates will know how to:
- Structure a contribution and update
- Pose a succinct question that will deliver the necessary answers
- Project information - look around the table, use the face and voice to emphasise key points
- Avoid projecting a negative demeanour or behaving in a manner that could distract or undermine the meeting
- Present themselves in the best light - literally for virtuals
- Listen actively
- Manage nerves
- Workshop length:
- Three hours - face to face
- Two hours - virtual
- Maximum delegates:
- Eight people
- Workshop fee:
- £550 - face to face. Travel expenses are additional.
- £400 - virtual
- To join a public webinar via Zoom on 24 April, 10.30 - 12.00pm, click here.
“Emma delivered 'Making Your Mark in Meetings' virtually for the council. Attendees thought the workshop was excellent; describing it as highly useful and enjoyable. Not that this came as a surprise. Emma has been successfully delivering workshops for me for over a decade!”