Making your Maiden Speech
Preparing New Councillors for their First Speech in Chamber
Making Your Maiden Speech is designed for new councillors. It explains the purpose of making a maiden speech and imparts the skills required to ensure the speech is delivered well. The course coaches new councillors through their first chamber speech so they feel more confident about getting on their feet and speaking about items they feel passionately about in future.
By the end of the Making Your Maiden Speech workshop delegates will know how to:
- Structure their material
- Write ‘script’ rather than ‘text’
- Speak in their own voice
- Make their arguments flow
- Enunciate clearly
- Use the microphones to best advantage
- Use their voices, faces and bodies to boost their personal impact and complement their message
- Course length:
- Three hours
- Ideal delegate number:
- Eight people
- Course fee:
- £500 for eight trainees. Additional delegates are charged at £65 per head. Travel expenses are additional.
“Emma delivers our mayoral training together with group courses. Her preparation formulas really boost delegates’ confidence; they take the fear out of addressing large audiences. Essentially though, she’s a highly effective trainer. The before and after is always very obvious.”
All training courses can be tailored to suit your needs. To chat through in more detail or find out any further information, give me a call on +44 (0)7973 933782 or if you prefer I can call you.