Tell it to the Judge
Enabling solicitors to make a strong presentation in court, even when their case is weak
Tell it to the Judge is a training programme that equips solicitors who speak in court with the public speaking skills required to be an accomplished advocate.
The training can be delivered as a workshop for a team or with an individual on a one-to-one basis.
The programme not only teaches solicitors how to arrange and develop a persuasive speech, it also imparts classical acting techniques and voice coaching, thereby boosting courtroom presence along with confidence. The training is highly practical and good fun. It's a must for diligent lawyers who don't relish the limelight.
The workshop is currrently available through Liverpool Law Society.
By the end of Tell it to the Judge, delegates will know how to:
- Arrange a persuasive speech that flows
- Edit material to avoid pointless repetition / waffle
- Introduce an analogy to reinforce an argument
- Sight-read, so they are always able to make quality eye-contact with the judge
- Memorise their arguments so they can speak without notes
- Use pace effectively
- Project their voices and enunciate clearly
- Use pitch and other stressing techniques to enhance their arguments
£675 + travel expenses
One to one coaching:
2 x 90 minute sessions are recommended
“I desperately needed help with my advocacy skills. I knew I wasn't representing my clients well enough. Emma taught me how to arrange my arguments and sight-read my statement which has made a hugely positive difference. I'm now working on my voice and memory techniques with her so I can appear all the more accomplished in court.”
All training courses can be tailored to suit your needs. To chat through in more detail or find out any further information, give me a call on +44 (0)7973 933782 or if you prefer I can call you.