Speaking in Chamber
Equipping Councillors with the Rhetorical Tools to Speak Well in Chamber
Speaking in Chamber is designed for all councillors. The course teaches councillors how to structure, write and deliver speeches for chamber so they’re able to communicate effectively, thus doing themselves, and their ward residents, justice.
By the end of the Speaking in Chamber workshop delegates will know how to:
- Structure a strong question, mover’s or rebuttal speech
- Reduce their thoughts to a key delivery message
- Speak thematically as well as factually
- Stay focused
- Organise for refutation
- Use their voices, faces and bodies to boost their personal impact and complement their message
- Course length:
- Three hours
- Ideal delegate number:
- Eight people
- Course fee:
- £500 for eight trainees. Additional delegates are charged at £65 per head. Travel expenses are additional.
“Without exception, the councillors who have attended Emma’s speech making courses have found them incredibly useful and hugely enjoyable. When I see councillors speak in the chamber, it’s very obvious who’s received Emma’s training and who hasn't.”
All training courses can be tailored to suit your needs. To chat through in more detail or find out any further information, give me a call on +44 (0)7973 933782 or if you prefer I can call you.